Sunday, February 3, 2013

Easiest Coconut Shrimp w/ Orange Ginger Sauce


I've made coconut shrimp before the hard way. You know, with flour etc.. Well this is nothing like that. I guarantee this is the easiest batter you've ever made. I imagine you can even use it for chicken.

I started out thawing my shrimp. I bought precooked but I've also made this recipe using raw. Tastes the same but I just hate worrying if it's cooked all the way.


Take your pancake mix and add beer instead of water (I used around half a bottle) and stir until it's a batter consistency. Then take your shredded coconut and put it in a bowl or plate.





Add a good amount of oil into a frying pan. While you're waiting for the oil to heat up gather the ingredients for your delicious sauce.




Add about a cup of orange marmalade, 2 heaping tablespoons of dijon mustard, a teaspoon of ginger and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Mix up and add a splash of lemon. Ok you're done. Back to the fry-down.

Batter your shrimp dipping first into the pancake mix and then into the coconut. Beware, this will get messy. Then place shrimp in your good-ol frying pan and fry at medium-high heat.



Fry until golden brown on the bottom, flip (I find a fork or tongs is easiest to use) and brown on the other side. Fry all your shrimp until golden brown and serve with Orange Ginger Sauce. I've made these as appetizers for parties and it has ALWAYS been a huge hit. And I think my boyfriend wants to bathe in that sauce. I've seen him put it on potato skins and mini-quiches. But yet again I've also seen him put sriracha on a twinkie so the weird shit he does doesn't really surprise me any longer.

If you try them please let me know what you thought! Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Spec! I came to look at your blog, and noticed that some of your navigation menu buttons don't work :( just to let you know!

    J

    PS: Will need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennah, Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm aware and working on it. Thanks again ;)

    ReplyDelete