Sunday, February 3, 2013

Deck/Patio Design


When we were apartment shopping after moving from Maryland to South Carolina I called the person who made a listing on Craigslist about a loft for rent. We were able to immediately stop over and were shown the place we currently live in. Let's just say that after seeing the view from the deck we were sold.

I knew that I wanted the color palette neutral with a pop of bright color. It's still a work in progress as I would love to add some greenery and possible a hanging herb garden, but here is the progress. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

 

The chairs were around $10 each at Home Depot and were the first things we purchased.


The umbrella was purchased from World Market for $30. Sadly I do not see it on their website anymore.

 
Both the rug, $99.00 and pillows $40.00, were purchased from Overstock.com

Now that I'm looking up these prices for you all, I'm asking myself.. did I really spend $40.00 on 2 throw pillows? I must have been so overjoyed I found cute pillows that matched the umbrella that I had debit card tunnel vision. Or something.



I searched up and down for a umbrella table for what seemed like forever. There are not many options out there for umbrella side tables rather then dining tables. I finally found one on brylanehome.com for $140.00 here.

Unfortunately the umbrella was a tad smaller then the hole in the table.  I found fish tank rocks at Walmart and poured them in so now it doesn't budge. I obviously have very poor judgement on how many rocks were needed because I bought 3 bags and only 1/2 a bag was needed. The rest are sitting in a cabinet under the sink. Maybe I'll convince Shot to get me a fish so they don't go to waste. Who am I kidding? I can barely take care of myself. Never mind.



Above is the view from inside, sitting on the couch, my favorite place aside from the deck.

And below is a fish-eye view from standing on the deck. Tell me you wouldn't be sold on that view before you knew how much rent was. 


My friends the ducks and I hope you liked our deck design. If you've done your deck send me the link, I would love to see what you've done. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment