Thursday, February 7, 2013

DIY: Gradient Chevron Canvas


Hey guys, I wanted to share with you how I made 3 gradient chevron canvas's a few months back. It was extremely simple, and a lot of fun. Except the waiting for paint to dry part because that is just pure torture.

(1) LOCATE CANVAS(S)

I found a really great deal at Michael's. When I bought these it was actually my first time in a Michaels. OMG, That store is really dangerous because I want to buy EVERYTHING. 


(2) PURCHASE 2 TUBES OF PAINT
You're going to need 1 white and another color of your choice.
I went with this turquoise blueish color.


(3) TAPE UP YOUR CANVAS(S) IN A CHEVRON PATTERN
I apparently do not own a ruler or a pencil. I know, wtf right?
So I winged it and it took forever.
I think it came out pretty good but I would not reccommend it.
If you don't feel like winging it I've located a very good tutorial for you that I found here.

(4) MIX YOUR PAINT
Take your white paint and put it on your cardboard or whatever you're using in 4 places.
Then add a little of the other color of your choice, more on the next pile of white, and so on. You should now have 4 different colors that go lighter to darker. Your fifth 'pile' of paint should be just the color of your choice.


(5) PAINT YOUR CANVAS
I'm not even kidding when I tell you that I used a old foundation MAKE UP brush to paint my canvas's. We were at Michael's looking at paint brushes when my boyfriend was like, just use one of the million brushes you already have. I couldn't think of a reason why I shouldn't.

(6) WAIT FOR PAINT TO DRY AND THEN PEEL OFF TAPE



This was my first time attempting to do anything with a canvas and I love how it turned out.
That wall had been bare for months after we moved in and it was driving me crazy.
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial of sorts.

Thanks for reading! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment